Steve Buscemi OK Following Random Attack in Manhattan

Steve Buscemi is OK after being assaulted in New York last week.

The New York Post reported Sunday that the actor was walking through the Kips Bay neighborhood on Manhattan’s East side when he became the victim of a random attack.

His publicist confirmed the news and said Buscemi is OK following the attack, which occurred in broad daylight.

“Steve Buscemi was assaulted in Midtown Manhattan, another victim of a random act of violence in the city,” his publicist said in a statement. “He is OK and appreciates everyone’s well wishes, though incredibly sad for everyone that this has happened to while also walking the streets of N.Y.”

Buscemi is the latest celebrity to become the victim of a random attack. Michael Stuhlbarg, who starred with Buscemi in HBO’s Boardwalk Empire, was hit in the back of his neck by a rock in March. The New York Police Department arrested a vagrant, Xavier Israel, in the assault.

In recent years, actor Rick Moranis and reality star Bethenny Frankel also have been the victims of random attacks in New York City.

Reached by phone on Sunday, an NYPD spokesperson told The Hollywood Reporter that she had no information available regarding the incident. But law enforcement sources told The New York Post that the attacker took off and has not yet been found. The Post added that police are looking for a bearded man who was wearing a baseball cap, a blue T-shirt and black sweatpants.

Buscemi, a native of Brooklyn, is a former FDNY firefighter who helped his former fire company, Engine 55, following the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

Buscemi, whose resume also include Fargo and Reservoir Dogs, among numerous other TV and film credits, recently guest-starred on the final season of HBO’s Curb Your Enthusiasm. 


Posted

in

by

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *